If you see white or dark lines or missing nozzles in the printouts from the Epson L3150 printer, even after cleaning the head several times, then you should definitely consider power clean the printer for better performance. In this article, we’ll see how to power clean Epson L3150 printer so that you can repair your printer at home without any hassle.
If you want to know how to do a head clean for the Epson L3150 printer before performing any power cleaning, then you can follow the link.
One thing to note before power clean is that, power cleaning consumes a lot of ink present in your printer. Hence you need to make sure one-third of the ink tank is full of ink or if you power clean with an empty ink tank, it may damage the printer.
Another thing is that power cleaning may cause ink pads to reach their maximum capacity sooner. When an ink pad reaches the end of its service life, the printer then stops printing and in that case, you should consider contacting Epson for further support.
We’ll use the utility installed in the computer to perform the power cleaning. So let’s dig into the steps of how you can do that.
- Make sure that no lights on the printer are showing any error.
- Load a few sheets of plain paper in the printer.
- Now, if you are on Windows, then access the Windows desktop and right-click on the printer icon for your printer on the right side of the windows taskbar, or click the up arrow and right-click the printer icon and then select Printer settings and click the Maintenance tab.
- If you are on Mac, then in the Apple Menu or the Dock, select System Preferences, then select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Now select your printer, and select Options & Supplies. Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility.
- Finally select the Power cleaning.
- After doing the above depending upon the operating system you are using in your computer, you will see the following windows
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to run a power cleaning.
- When the power cleaning is finished, you may now run a nozzle check. If you want to know how to do nozzle check for the Epson L3150 printer, then you can follow the link.
Some words for cautions is that if the print quality does not improve even after performing the power cleaning, then wait for at least 12 hours without printing. Then print the nozzle check pattern again for check if it requires head cleaning or not. Now run a head clean or power clean once again depending on the printed pattern. If the quality still does not improve then you should consider contacting the Epson for support.
- Also Read: How to do Nozzle Check in Epson L3150 printer?
- How to do Head Clean in Epson L3150 Printer?
- How to change or update network connections in Epson L3150 printer?
- What are the Network security recommendations for Epson L3150 printer?
- How to connect printer through a router?
- How to remove jammed paper in Epson L4150?