In some cases, your Epson L3150 printer can’t find or connect to a wireless router or access point. In those cases you can try some of the steps mentioned below to overcome the issue. In this article, we’ll be discussing what to do if your Epson L3150 printer cannot connect to your wireless router or access point.
- Before doing anything make sure to place your printer within the range of 2.4 GHz router or access point. You should not place the printer near to any microwave oven or any 2.4Ghz cordless phone or any large metal object such as a filing cabinet etc.
- If you are using a 5Ghz wireless router, then set the router to operate in dual-band (2.4 GH and 5 GHz) mode. If you are using a single network name i.e. SSID for both the band, then give each band its own network name instead. You can try that.
- If you are connecting the printer via Wi-Fi Protected Setup i.e. WPS and the Wi-Fi light on the printer is not solid green, then make sure the Wi-Fi button on the product within 2 minutes of pressing the WPS button on the router. Now hold down the Wi-Fi button on the printer for 3 seconds. This may help solve the issue of connecting to the printer to the wireless router.
- When the printer can’t connect to the wireless router or the access point, then there may be a problem in the router. Hence try connecting any other device such as your computer or your mobile to the router to make sure the router is working correctly.
- Even if every setting in the printer or the router is correct, there may be a chance that a firewall or antivirus present in the computer in which the printer is connected is blocking the connection between the printer the router. So you should consider that before connecting the printer and the router.
- In most of the cases, you can try restarting the router and then try connecting the printer to it.
- If the router or access point has the security enabled, then make sure of this and determine the kind of security it is using any required password or key or passphrase for connection. Then try to enter the exact WEP key or WPA passphrase correctly while connecting.
- If the router or access point does not broadcast its network name i.e. SSID, then you may follow the instruction of the router to enter the wireless network name manually.
- You should check if the computer is restricting the available wireless channels. If so, then you should verify that the wireless access point is using one of the usable channels and change to a usable channel, if it actually is required.
Also Read: What are the Network Security Recommendation for Epson L3150 Printer?
- Check to see if there are access restrictions such as Mac address filtering, are set on your router or access point. If access restrictions are set, add the printer’s MAC address to your router’s address list. In order to obtain the printer’s MAC address, print a network status sheet. If you want to know how you can print a network status sheet, then you can follow the link.
- In case you are using a Wi-Fi Direct connection that suddenly got disconnected, then the Wi-Fi direct password on the router may have been changed. If it is required, you may delete the existing DIRECT-xxxxxxxx connection settings from your device and enter a new password. This may help solve the problem.
- In case you are using a Windows computer and you connected your printer to it using Wi-Fi Direct and it automatically selected Access Point Mode, then you may have trouble accessing a low-priority internet connection. To solve this, check the network connection or adapter settings in the Windows control panel and set the internet metric settings to 100 for your version of the internet protocol.
Also Read: How to connect Epson L3150 Printer to Wi-Fi Direct?